Falmouth Academy is a community carefully designed so that teachers and students know each other and work together. Our students learn to:
- Read closely to understand the shape, style, and substance of the text
- Write skillfully by reviewing, revising, and rewriting under the close supervision of their teachers
- Manage their time effectively
- Speak confidently with adults
- Participate actively in their school and communities as students and volunteers
Average SAT Scores
|Falmouth Academy (Class of 2016)
|Falmouth Academy (Classes of 2014-2016)
National Merit Scholarship Program (NMSP)
- NMSP honored six students in the Falmouth Academy Class of 2016 as Commended Students.
- Falmouth Academy regularly ranks in the top ten of Massachusetts high schools, public and private, in the percentage of the senior class recognized by the NMSP.
Falmouth Academy teachers develop their own curricula that emphasize discussion, writing, editing, depth of knowledge, and research that is interdisciplinary and project-based. We do not offer AP courses but we do offer our students the opportunity to take AP exams.
- Students may take AP exams in English Literature and Composition, Calculus AB, French Language and Culture, and German Language and Culture.
- In the past two, Falmouth Academy students took 67 AP exams. Of those students, 96 percent scored at 3 or above; 84 percent scored at 4 or 5, and 34 percent had the top score of 5. (Scores of 3 or higher indicate college level proficiency.)
Falmouth Academy, which has fewer than 200 students, regularly wins more first place prizes than any other public or private school of its size in the Massachusetts Institute of Techology State Science Fair Competition.
The Boston Globe
- Eleven semifinalists and three finalists in national research-based, high school science competitions, including Intel, Siemens, and Westinghouse.
- Fifteen invitations and 13 awards at the International Science and Engineering Fair.
- Nearly 150 top prizes (first, second, third) at the Massachusetts State Science & Engineering Fair at MIT.
- Eight students have published scientific research in scholarly journals while attending Falmouth Academy.
Two Falmouth Academy alumni have been named Rhodes Scholars--one as a student at Wellesley College and one at Princeton University.
- Our sports teams are open to all students (grades 7-12). We offer boys' and girls' varsity, JV, and middle school teams in soccer, basketball, and lacrosse. During the 2015-2016 school year, our varsity girls' basketball and lacrosse teams won MIAA Cape and Islands League Championships.
- We offer over 40 electives, from the arts and music to Latin and Taekwondo.
- Drama and Drama Tech programs are open to all students (grades 7-12)
- Eleven FA students won regional awards in the 2016 Scholastic Art & Writing competition, including five Gold Keys and six Silver Keys.